45 Jones Street
With it’s main entrance on Jones Street, Ultimo, the building also has frontages to Wattle Street to the west, and Quarry Street to the south. The building is listed on the RNE as Elder Smith Goldsborough Mort and Company No 3 Woolstore. The Woolstore development commenced in Pyrmont/Ultimo in the 1880s and within a relatively short period of time, twenty woolstores were built on the peninsula and one third of the Australian wool clip was processed through them. The Elders No 3 (formally Commonwealth Wool and Produce Woolstore No 1) was built in 1899. The building was designed by Herbert Ross for the Co-operative Wool & Produce Company and erected by the builder Robert Wall. In 1909, two additional floors were added and again the building was extended to the north-west in 1911. In 1985-86, after standing unused for over 10 years, the building was renovated for the Australian Bureau of Statistics to be used as offices.
The original structure and facades were maintained but the interiors were modernised to suit the needs of an office building. In 2002 the building was acquired by TOGA and was completely refurbished in 2005.
The present occupation of the building consists of four floors of offices, with three comprising car parking, male and female changing rooms and a loading dock on Wattle Street. The main entry to the building is from Jones Street via an entry lobby with a concierge and café, Mr Jones, popular with the tenants and external customers. 45 Jones Street is fully tenanted with 11 companies, including TFE, TOGA Group of Companies, Johnson & Johnson, Screen Australia, Sheridan and more.